Tuesday, July 17, 2012

possessed by lydia deetz and my good friend betelgeuse

Guten tag, mon amis et amies! (Proof that I am multilingual.) I finally got the right tripod and had the pleasure of finally watching Beetlejuice, which was very awesome indeed. It's a movie from 1988 starring Winona Ryder (which adds even more to it's awesome quality). A family that died is trying to get Winona's family out of their house (they just moved in) and end up turning to a sketchy "bio-exorcist" named Betelgeuse to help them. It's incredibly hilarious yet still maintains the "dark" part of the "dark comedy" title that it's earned. I decided to do an outfit post based on Lydia Deetz, Winona Ryder's character, but first, some paraphernalia from the movie: 

Best suit ever, non





This is a link to one of the best scenes in the movie; the "Banana Boat" scene, which should earn numerous awards for amazingness. 


(This picture was more or less inspired by an advertisement for Barney's New York that I saw and tucked away in the back of my brain, in the pouch holding pictures for future collages.)










The blurry pictures appeal to me because they remind me of the hoax photos of ghosts and old vintage photographs that fade away in attics. And the huge black headband reminds me of Lydia's headwear when she said one of the best lines in the movie: 


-Britney


Dress(used as shirt)-Vintage H&M  Skirt-H&M Necklace-gift Headband(black)-H&M Headband(white)-street fair 

No comments:

Post a Comment