Saturday, August 4, 2012

enid and becky and seymour

I am in love with Ghost World. I've always heard about it, and from seeing bits of the book online, I realize that I read it before, but that was when I was 9 or 10 and just picked up random books to read with comics inside. But now I need to reread it because the movie stole my heart.  
The movie is sort of different from the book, but the basic gist of it is this: Enid (the one with the short black bob, played by Thora Birch) and Becky (the blonde one, played by Scarlett Johansson) have just graduated high school and are trying to figure out what to do with their lives. They slowly drift away from each other and begin to have separate lives.
  

At the beginning of the movie, there's an ad in the paper that Enid and Becky see from a guy named Seymour who's looking for a woman that he met in an airport. They decide to call him, pretend to be her, and basically ask him to show up to a certain restaurant. He arrives for the "date", and waits for a long time before realizing that no one is coming to meet him. He leaves and sits in his car for a bit, screaming and cursing and basically just being mad and angst and stuff. Enid feels bad and follows him to his apartment building, where she comes back to with Becky. The next time they go, she meets Seymour, which leads to a relationship-I would say friendship, but it was much deeper than that-that lasts throughout the movie. 

How awesome is this mask? She bought it in a sex shop that she convince Seymour to take her to-seen in the 6th picture-and it's SO. AMAZING. I need one like that. 














 


Stay tuned for a Ghost World inspired outfit! (It's midnight right now, and I'm too tired to set up my tripod and makr an outfit like Enid's.)





 Yours truly,
Britney

All images in this post were generated from Google searches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment