Friday, September 21, 2012

fall vibes pt. 1

I promised this post before and I've procrastinated enough...sorry about that. I have a lot of things to say now that school started back (not as bad as I expected it to be, but not incredibly great) and now that autumn is close.  

1. The Virgin Suicides 
I saw The Virgin Suicides last year (wow, time really flies) and bought the book, but every time I start the book I never end up finishing it. I don't know why that keeps happening, it's really irksome. The Virgin Suicides is so incredibly ethereal and otherwordly (I think I may have said that already, but who cares) and Sofia Coppola is one of my favorite directors, so what's not to love about it? (Oh, and Kirsten Dunst is in it, so that's just amazing). But really besides all of that, it's such a beautiful movie that everyone should watch. I want a long, flowing dress that I can run across fields in, hence the reason why I am currently superglued to my laptop, relentless searching on eBay for the perfect Virgin Suicides dress. Which probably has to do with the fact that I can't move my neck right now.  

  
photo
                                              
                  
  






The Virgin Suicides is a book by Jeffrey Eugenides, adapted into a screenplay and directed by Sofia Coppola, queen of directors. It's about the suicides of the five Lisbon sisters, told from the point of view of the neighborhood boys who are infatuated with them. I don't want to give away too much for those of you who have never read or seen it, but it takes place in a small Detroit town in the 1970s and includes gas-mask parties and hiding under tables at prom and unicorns. 




2. Secret diaries (she's so full of secrets)   

                                                                           
    

        

           

 
 
                                                              Cecilia Lisbon's diary  


Heavenly Creatures

Heavenly Creatures is a beautiful yet eerie true story about two girls who have a friendship so powerful that their parents try to force them apart, which results in a murder (don't worry, that's not a spoiler). It's just so amazing; if you haven't seen it yet, then you really need to. I cried a few times while watching it, and I cry very rarely while watching shows and movies (but then again, I cried at the end of Sleepover, so I'm not sure if my point is valid). Still, the movie is incredibly ethereal and heart-wrenching.  
3. pastel puke and the '50s 

  
                                                 

 

  

             



   
                   
4. Warhol fever   
        





"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches."-Andy Warhol


5. space age/under the sea/the sea is our playground

  

 

 

 






 



















                                                                       


             
                                                                       




















2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your blog, it's so original!! Love reading you, following for sure, hope you'll follow too!! :)
    Elyse xo
    http://demoiselleatomique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog , the pictures that you chose are gorgeous ! I hope you will come see my blog http://theroadofstyle.blogspot.com

    I'de just starting it so it's not very clear . And i'm also sorry for the faults but i'm fench so ...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete