Thursday, January 24, 2013

lo lee ta

                         

                      
This week has been great in the world of clothes and inspiration. I ordered a pair of red heart shaped sunglasses like Lolita's in Lolita (1962).

I also ordered a really amazing mint green, knee-length tulle skirt, Marlena's Pastel Puke zine, a Hole Live Through This cassette, and a rad badge.

 

I also finally-finally!-stopped procrastinating and began a screenplay that I've been meaning to write since October 2012. Watching the season finale of American Horror Story:Asylum (SO MANY EMOTIONS, MAN) motivated me to start writing it. It's hard to explain, but I had been looking for the perfect start to my script and from watching the different elements of the finale, everything just seemed to flow. 

I know, I know. Inspiration? Motivation? I sound like one of the cheesy school talks where they assure you that anything is possible (before everything goes back to normal and they contradict themselves). But really, this week has felt like somewhat of a fresh start. Things have been getting better. 

My feelings were pretty much summed up in this week's Rookie diary: 

Nothing exciting has happened to me lately, mostly in part to the fact that school has become a giant blob of tests and winter clothes and loudspeakers playing Mozart and nihilism and unrequited feelings. I would wish for summer, but that presents another problem entirely: boredom.
People say that it’s impossible to get bored in big cities like New York, but I beg to differ. Right now, I wish I were in the country. I want to walk in the woods at night when everything is quiet and stars populate the sky and fireflies illuminate my path. I want to trade in smog and sewage for fresh air, even if it’s only for a minute. I want to spend the day picking daisies in a meadow and then throw them all into a burbling creek. I want to read Sylvia Plath in green fields. I want to bask in yellow sunlight while staring up at frothy clouds in a pure blue sky. At this moment, I just want my life to be a poem. This is the most free I’ve ever felt writing a weekly diary, and this sensation is lovely.

I just want to spend a day in the woods, where trees are everywhere and I can be alone for a while with my thoughts. 

Well, that's all for now. This feels like spectacular; I can't remember the last time I had this much fun writing a blog post. 

    -Britney

P.S. Here is an interview that I did with Francesca Gregorini, who is the director of Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes (in competition this year at Sundance) for SPARK: http://tang-ent.com/field/?p=46
Also: my very first full length, non-collaborative article for Rookie: http://rookiemag.com/2013/01/magic-numbers/



5 comments:

  1. oh, Lolita! she is my love! i always wante heart shape sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog but I absolutely adore it, it's super cool, keep up the great posts !

    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love Hole and amazing with the old school cassette

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU WROTE THE MAGIC NUMBERS POST?!?!?!? I love you that was amazing. Nice glasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is cute as a button! And WHERE DID YOU ORDER THOSE SUNGLASSES FROM I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM ALL MY LIFE!!!
    thecoolcustomer.wordpress.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete